The application process for the Master of Science Program in Biomedical Sciences (MSBS) at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) includes the completion of a formal online application, the submission of test results, and proof that you have completed certain undergraduate science courses.
Your application and all your credentials must be received by the MSBS office by June 1.
- Online Application
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college
- College transcripts
- Undergraduate science major or other major with extensive science coursework and research. All students must have at least a year of biology and general chemistry
- GRE or MCAT for all students; TOEFFL or IELTS for international students
- At least three (3) months translational, computational, or basic science research experience. Students with only clinical trials research or chart review studies are unlikely to gain admission
- Personal statement and description of research experience
- Three letters of recommendation
- $80 application fee. Waivers are available to qualified students upon request
Once admitted, you will be directed to an online enrollment site. You will then be given two weeks from the time of admission to accept the offer and provide a non-refundable deposit of $500 in order to secure your seat. Deposits will be applied to the first semester’s tuition.
For the 2015-2016 academic year, tuition is $45,000, billed in three equal installments of $15,000. Each installment is due and payable one week before the start of each semester. A total of 45 credits are required over the course of the three semesters, although some students choose to extend their program to four semesters. The tuition is the same unless the student exceeds 45 credits. The 2015-2016 academic year per credit cost is $1,000.
The majority of students in the MS in Biomedical Sciences program finance their education through student loans secured through the ISMMS Financial Aid Office. Learn more about available financial aid opportunities.