Recognition and Publications
Roboz, J. Introduction to Mass Spectrometry: Instrumentation and Techniques. Textbook, Wiley-Interscience, NY, 1968, 539 pages. Reprinted: 1979. Selected as “Classic Works in Mass Spectrometry”, Vol. 3, American Society Mass Spectrometry, 2000.
- Roboz, J. Mass Spectrometry in Cancer Research, Textbook, 554 pages, CRC Press; 2002. Second edition to be published in 2007. Award from the British Medical Association: “Commended in the Basic and Clinical Sciences category of the 2003 BMA Medical Book Competition”.
- Roboz, J., Chahinian, A.P., Holland, J.F., Silides, D. and Szrajer L. Early diagnosis and monitoring of transplanted human malignant mesothelioma by serum hyaluronic acid. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 81, 924-928 (1989).
- Roboz, J., Diagnosis and monitoring of disseminated candidiasis based on blood/urine D/L arabinitol ratios. Chirality, 6, 51-57 (1994).
- Roboz, J.,Yu, Q., Meng, A. and van Soest, R. On-line buffer removal and fraction selection in gradient capillary HPLC prior to electrospray mass spectrometry of peptides and proteins. Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 8, 621-626 (1994).
- Jiang, J.D., Hong, K., Roboz, J., Strauchen, J., Weisz, I., Holland, J.F. and Bekesi, J.G. Inhibition of microtubule assembly in tumor cells by 3-bromoacetyl-amino benzoylurea, a new cancericidal compound. Cancer Res., 58, 2126-2133 (1998).
- Roboz, J., Deng, L., Ma, L. and Holland, J. F. Investigation of suramin-albumin binding by electrospray mass spectrometry. Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 12, 1319-1322 (1998).
- Weigand, M., Hartung, G., Roboz, J., Sieger, S., Wolf, M., Schrenk, H. and Frei, E. Mode of action of methotrexate-albumin in MTX-sensitive CCRF-CEM cells and activity against an MTX-resistant clone. Anti-cancer Drug Design, 16, 227-237 (2001).
- Lehrer, S., Roboz, J., Ding, H., Zhao, S., Diamond, E. Holland, J.F., Stone, N., Droller, M. and Stock, R. A 17.5 kDa protein is increased in the serum of men with early stage prostate cancer. Brit. J. Urology, International. 92, 223-225 (2003).
- Roboz, J., Mass spectrometry in diagnostic oncoproteomics. Cancer Investigation, 23, 465-478 (2005).
Selected Past Achievements
Early diagnosis and monitoring of transplanted human malignant mesothelioma by the determination of serum hyaluronic acid using size exclusion high performance liquid chromatography (3);
Development of a novel mass spectrometric technique for the diagnosis and monitoring of invasive candidiasis (4);
Methodology for the on-line buffer removal and fraction selection to enable gradient capillary high performance liquid chromatography prior to electrospray mass spectrometry of peptides and proteins (5);
A study of the inhibition of microtubule assembly in tumor cells by 3-bromoacetyl-amino benzoylurea, a new cancericidal compound (6).