The International Center for Types A and B Niemann-Pick Disease was established to provide information and support for patients with Types A and B NPD, as well as to scientists and physicians interested in these disorders. It is a voluntary, not-for-profit organization whose primary goals are to:
- promote medical research into the cause and treatment of Types A and B NPD,
- provide medical and educational information to assist in the correct diagnosis and referral of children with NPD,
- provide support to families of children with NPD,
- facilitate genetic counseling for parents who are known carriers of NPD, and
- encourage the sharing of research information among scientists.
Reaching the Center
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences
Icahn School of Medicine
1425 Madison Avenue
New York, New York 10029
Schedule a Visit
We encourage all NPD patients to visit our General Clinical Research Center (GCRC) at Mount Sinai to get evaluated by our team of NPD experts. Generally, this involves a two- to three-day stay on the GCRC, which is a special unit of the hospital designed for such clinical studies. Hospitalization and other medical costs for these visits are free.
For additional information and to schedule a visit, please contact:
Dana Doheny, M.S., C.G.C.
Tel: (212) 659-6779