Histology Service Shared Resource Facility
The facility provides basic histology services, with capability to process, embed and section fixed and frozen tissues for the Mount Sinai community. The facility will prepare unstained slides suitable for a variety of applications (histochemistry, immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization, LCM), as well as hematoxylin and eosin sections for routine light microscopic evaluation.
The facility currently supports functions for tissue procurement, both from consented and anonymized collections. Pathologists in charge of procurement can be contacted for consultations to determine investigator requirements for human tissues in translational research, and then arrange procurement as feasible.
- Histology Services Request Form [PDF]
- How to Request Biorepository Specimens [PDF]
- Request for Specimen Form [PDF]
- Human Specimen Single User Agreement [PDF]
- Commercial Use Policy and Disclosure [PDF]
- Human Tissue and Fluids Handling Risks and Safety Precautions Statement [PDF]
- Whole Slide Scanning Services Request Form [PDF]
- Special Stains Request Form [PDF]
- Immunostaining Services Request Form [PDF]
PLEASE REMEMBER -- It is important to acknowledge the Histology Shared Resource Facility in all publications that include data derived from the facility.
Michael J. Donovan, MD, PhD
Tin Htwe Thin, PhD
Consented Cancer Center Biorepository
Institutional Biorepository / Cancer Center Biorepository
Annenberg Building, Room 15-22
1468 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
Consultation Times: By appointment