Consult with us. We provide free consultation services to all users to discuss imaging needs and image analysis strategies. We also offer free imaging sessions so you can test different instruments prior to training on a particular microscope.
Collaborate with us. We can provide letters of support for your grant writing needs or collaborate with you directly depending on your imaging needs.
Train with us. To request training and gain access to the facility, complete a new user form and an authorization form (at right).
All users of the Microscopy Core must adhere to the following policies.
- All users are trained by qualified facility staff.
- Users are not permitted to train other users.
- Reservations are made on a web-based calendar (see link at right).
- Users are each assigned a unique username and password for logging into facility workstations.
- Users are not permitted to share user accounts.
- Once a user has completed training, the facility is accessible to them 24/7.
- Users will be charged for any unused microscope time for appointments cancelled within 12-hours of the reservation.
Safety and Compliance
- Users with BSL2 or BSL2+ specimens must have an approved SOP signed by the Biosafety Officer on file with the Microscopy CORE prior to bringing samples to the facility.
- All live animal imaging requires IACUC approval prior to using the facility. A signed approval must be on file with the Microscopy CORE.
- No gloves are allowed when handling any microscope system or workstation.
- All confocal and multiphoton users are required to pass the online Laser Safety Training course prior to training and must have a certificate of completion on file with the Microscopy CORE.
- Users are responsible for the immediate collection and backup of their data. The Microscopy CORE does not provide archival or storage services for data and computers are purged monthly.
Annenberg Building, Room 18-250
1468 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
Reserve Microscope Time:
Reserve now (Registered Users Only)
User Authorization Form [PDF]