The Icahn School of Medicine General Accounting Division of the Department of Finance is the administrative office that oversees and provides support to school personnel regarding financial reporting and management and related business services. The primary responsibilities of the General Accounting Division are:
- Accounting, reporting and preparing the School’s monthly internal financial statements.
- Primary liaison for the year-end audit , including preparation of the audited financial statements and all other finance related surveys.
- Integrity of the financial accounting systems data.
- Maintenance of the School’s Chart of Accounts.
- Customer support to all areas throughout the Icahn School of Medicine.
- Coordinating the budget process for the School of Medicine.
- Accounting and reporting on the Medical Center’s Investment Portfolio.
- Maintenance and modification of School’s online procurement system (Sinai Central), including monthly financial reports/ledgers and online transaction processing.
Below is a comprehensive lists of guidelines and forms to help you navigate and comply with established Department and School of Medicine policies.
- Section 1 - Introduction [PDF]
- Section 2 - Account Structure [PDF]
- Section 3 - Ledger Groups [PDF]
- Section 4 - Account Subcodes [PDF]
- Section 5 - Travel [PDF]
- Section 6 - Petty Cash [PDF]
- Section 7 - Check Requests [PDF]
- Section 8 - Payroll and Human Resources [PDF]
- Section 9 - Capitalization Guidelines [PDF]
- Section 10 - Departmental Financial Performance [PDF]
- Section 11 - Capital Project Management System [PDF]
- Attachment to Section 11 - Project Set-Up Form [Microsoft Word]
- Section 12 - Gifts and Classification of Net Assets [PDF]
- Section 13 - Annual Budget Process [PDF]
- Section 14 - Fund Account Deficits [PDF]
- Section 15 - Fixed Asset Control [PDF]
- Section 16 - Purchasing Policy [PDF]
- Section 17 - Records Retention Policy [PDF]
- Section 18 - Accounts Payable Guide [PDF]