How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Icahn School of Medicine’s Dermatology Residency Program! Applications for the program should be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) by the deadline of November 30, 2010. All appointments are made through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). Applicants must register with both ERAS and NRMP to participate in each of the services.
Your application must include:
- A current Curriculum Vitae with publications, presentations and research activity included
- A letter of recommendation from your Dean
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation from faculty
- Your medical school transcript (with graduation date)
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation
- Copy of STEP 1 scores (STEP 2 if applicable)
- Minimum of 230 (No Failures)
- A personal statement
- Valid J1, H1 or Permanent Resident Visa required (if applicable); U.S. medical experience is required
- Valid ECFMG Certificate (for applicants who graduated medical school outside the United States)
- A Preliminary/Transitional year in an ACGME-accredited program is required before beginning the dermatology residency
- Please Note: a Pathology Internship does not qualify
At completion, your ERAS application will be forwarded to our selection committee for review. Applicants with strong potential will be invited to interview on the last Thursday of January.
Following the interview, both applicants and Mount Sinai will submit their rank order lists to ERAS. Match Day is March 17, 2011.