- To provide the best possible care for patients with endocrinological diseases and metabolic diseases. These patients include those with diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid, pituitary gland, gonads, and adrenal glands as well as diseases of the pancreas and all forms of diabetes, osteoporosis, and metabolic bone diseases.
- To teach students, both basic science and medical students, the concepts of endocrine and metabolic physiology and pathophysiology and, where appropriate, to teach the clinical skills that turn medicine into an art as well as a science. To provide the facilities and opportunities for physicians and scientists to maintain and improve their skills and knowledge base in endocrine physiology and diseases and to monitor their performance.
- To conduct research into the mechanisms underlying the normal physiology and pathophysiology of the endocrine glands and metabolic disorders in order to provide new insights for future therapies.
- To educate patients with endocrine and metabolic diseases so that they understand their problems and are able to seek appropriate care and treatment wherever they may be.
- To raise funds to help us achieve our goals in clinical care, education, and research. This means being at the "cutting edge" of research so that we will attract Federal funding and philanthropy from private foundations and generous individuals.