The goal of our three-year Integrated Fellowship Program is to train outstanding nephrologists who will also be leaders in the renal palliative medicine or geriatric nephrology field whether they pursue an academic or clinical career.
We've designed our program for fellows with a strong interest in pursuing combined fellowship training to accomplish this goal. We train our fellows to be proficient in geriatric and palliative medicine concepts including:
- evaluation and treatment of geriatric syndromes
- effective advance care planning
- shared decision making with competency discussing the burdens and benefits of dialysis and non-dialysis medical therapy
- symptom and pain management with expertise in the use of opioids,and skill in the treatment of advanced CKD and dialysis-related symptoms
- end-of-life care including hospice and withdrawal of dialysis
Fellows acquire excellent clinical experience through rotations at the Mount Sinai Health System, James Peters VA Hospital, Visiting Doctors Program, Jewish Home and Hospitals, Home Hospice and Calvary Hospital, and active renal, geriatric and palliative care clinics.
For detailed information, please visit:
Each of the programs includes components of our integrated fellowship.
Mark Swidler, MD
One Gustave L. Levy Place
Box 1244 New York, NY 10029