Message from the Chair
Welcome to the Ruth J. & Maxwell Hauser and Harriet & Arthur H. Aufses, Jr., MD, Department of Surgery at Mount Sinai.
Over the past year, our department has experienced unprecedented growth across all of our clinical, research, and education programs. We have seen significant growth in faculty, hospital discharges, research programs, and clinical and research revenues.
This message provides a glimpse of the various aspects of expansion within our world renowned Department of Surgery.
Key areas of expansion include:
- Our faculty, which saw the addition of six new members.
- The Center for the Surgical Treatment of Liver Cancer, which, as the largest such program in the country, offers many patients hope for a cure
- The Department of Surgery Conference Center, a technologically advanced conference room that allows for complete interactive OR training sessions and live video conferencing
- The Melanoma Program, which features enhanced treatments using immunotherapy protocols
- Storz minimally invasive operating rooms, providing a high-tech system for advanced imaging and interactive training sessions during surgery
- State-of-the-art office suites designed for surgical specialty practices
- A global health program, through which we have been able to send faculty and students to the Dominican Republic, Vietnam, Peru, and other international locations to provide much-needed medical care and training
- Department of Surgery Advisory Board and a Friends of Surgery Group, which builds connections with our donors and contributors.
It is through these highlighted areas and many more that our Department of Surgery is a leader in patient care, education, and research. As the Chair of this department, I am exceedingly proud of our continued growth and sustained excellence. I invite you to see for yourself what makes Mount Sinai's Department of Surgery so special. Exceptional programs. Exceptional leaders. Exceptional surgical care.
Michael L. Marin, MD
Professor and Chair, Department of Surgery
One Gustave L. Levy Place
New York, NY 10029
Learn about the Department of Surgery's latest developments in education, research and clinical care. Read more [PDF]
These videos give people at all levels of medical education and experience important information about surgical procedures, including important anatomy and specific operative techniques utilizing high definition video footage and animation. Learn more
The Department of Surgery Advisory Board of The Mount Sinai Health System hosts a panel discussion with Deborah Roberts of ABC's 20/20 to answer questions about the current Ebola outbreak. Watch video