You must have completed or be in the process of completing a three year U.S. ACGME Internal Medicine Residency Program or a U.S. accredited Emergency Residency Program to be eligible to apply.
Applications will only be accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) administered by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). The Critical Care Medicine Fellowship starts accepting applications on July 15th and interviews are usually scheduled in September or October each year. We are unable to accept telephone, paper, or email applications.
All ERAS applications must include:
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
- Three letters of reference (one letter must be from your program director, even if you have already completed your residency)
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcripts (international transcripts must be translated)
- MPSE (Dean’s letter)
- ECFMG certificate if applicable
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume. NOTE: There cannot be "gaps" in training or work since graduation
- Recent photo
International applicants must meet the following additional requirements:
- Applicants must report scores for USMLE Step 1, USMLE Step 2, USMLE Step 2CS, and USMLE Step 3
- ECFMG certification must be verified.
- Applicants must be eligible for New York State License/Permit