How to Apply
Complete the online application and then send:
- An official school transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation. We strongly recommend that at least one of your letters be from someone who can comment specifically about your experience in research.
Applications are due by February 1 at midnight eastern time.
Applications are invited from undergraduate students who are currently in their sophomore, or junior year, have a GPA of 3.5 or higher, and have a minimum of three months of research experience. Students who have a GPA of less than 3.5 but have extensive research experience are also encouraged to apply. Applicants should be interested in research and be inclined toward graduate education in biomedical sciences, in a PhD program or in an MD/PhD program.
The award is based on the application materials, including the personal statement, the undergraduate record, and two letters of recommendation. The benefits of the award include:
- Full access to the benefits of the Mount Sinai Recreation Office
- A cutting-edge research project in one of over 200 laboratories
- Networking opportunities with current students, faculty members, and School administration
- Free housing in one of Mount Sinai's residential buildings
- A $3,500 stipend
Our online application for SURP is now available. The deadline for submitting a complete application for SURP, along with the submission of the current official transcript and two letters of recommendation is February 1.
Please address all correspondence to:
Summer Undergraduate Research Program
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Icahn School of Medicine
One Gustave L. Levy Place, Box 1022
New York, NY 10029-6574
Tel: (212) 241.6546
Fax: (212) 241.0651