- PROFESSOR Pediatrics, Neurology
- PROFESSOR Neurology
Psychiatry & Neurology
Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
American Board of Pediatrics
MD, Columbia Univ. Col. of Phy. & Surg.
Internship, Internal Medicine
Yale-New Haven Hospital
Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Ctr.
Fellowship, Pediatric Neurology
Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Ctr.
- Dr. Aron, Director Emeritus and Professor of Pediatric Neurology has directed the Child Neurology service since the founding of the Mount Sinai Medical School, now the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. He has trained more than 25 pediatric neurologists who now serve in various academic posts. He has taught medical students, house staff and fellows in pediatric neurology and continues to actively pursue these educational duties. He has also accepted qualified medical students from schools throughout the world during their medical school elective period for training in pediatric neurology. He has served on the Admissions Committee for the medical school for the past twelve years. He has been a regular senior examiner for Board Certification in Neurology for the American Board of Neurology and Psychiatry for pediatric neurology.
Ongoing research includes defining the natural history of Krabbe’s Disease in infants who screen positive on neonatal screening for the disease. He is a member of the consortium of New York state physicians who are defining current parameters for assessment, follow and treatment of affected infants and for asymptomatic children who have the genetic markers for late onset disease.
Whose Who in the East
Whose Who in the U.S.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Aron has not yet completed reporting of Industry relationships.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
5 East 98th Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10029
- Wednesday 1:30pm - 4:00pm
- Thursday 2:30pm - 5:00pm
- Aetna U.S. Healthcare
- Anthem Health
- Cigna - HMO
- Devon Health Services
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Fidelis Care NY
- HealthPlus, Inc.
- Horizon - Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Prem Preferred Care/Beechstreet
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- United Healthcare
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check
- Credit Card (Other)