Center for Technology, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
The mission of the Center for Technology, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship (C-TIE) at Icahn School of Medicine (MSSM) is to pursue research and education at the intersection of basic science discovery and applied science implementation in order to advance the invention and development of new biomedical technologies.
C-TIE was founded in 2012 with five key goals in mind:
- Increase innovative activity at MSSM by promoting the convergence of basic science, clinical science, engineering, and computer science.
- Attract the most innovative and entrepreneurial students to MSSM by capitalizing on strong student interest in translational science.
- Provide core training relevant to job placement in a wide-range of fields including academia, industry, and government.
- Act as a technology development hub inside MSSM while providing a link to external partnerships with industry, foundations, and government.
- Establish MSSM as a leader in innovation policy and research in order to shape the economic, legal, scientific, and public policy issues affecting biomedical innovation worldwide.