Genomics Core Facility (GCF) is a CLIA certified laboratory. As a technology hub, we enable Mount Sinai investigators to carry out cutting-edge basic and translational genomics research. In addition, we leverage emerging next generation sequencing and other genomic technologies for clinical diagnosis and resulting applications. We help investigators and clinicians analyze research and clinical samples, identify genetic variants contributing to disease risk and explain pathogenic mechanisms in human disease.
Our capabilities include:
- Massively parallel sequencing with the Illumina HiSeq 2000 and MiSeq
- Single molecule sequencing with the Pacific Biosciences RS
- Next-generation sequencing library preparation from RNA and DNA
- Sanger sequencing with capillary electrophoresis
- Genotyping, gene expression profiling and epigenetics using the high-throughput Illumina BeadArray platform
- Real-time PCR using the Applied Biosystems 7900HT
Recent news and presentations
- Advancing Research and Clinical Genomics at Mount Sinai Using Next Generation Sequencing Technologies (Mount Sinai seminar presented by Dr. Mahajan on July 23, 2012)
- Genomics Core Facility, (GGS Departmental Retreat, poster. Dec. 2011).