KL2 PhD Candidate Award
PhD KL2 awardees will receive stipends for three years. The first year’s stipend will be up to $75,000, and years two and three will be up to $50,000 (all plus fringe benefits) to support 75% of the KL2 awardee’s time and effort each year. In years two and three of the program awardees also receive $20,000 per year to support their research efforts. KL2 awardees must commit to complete all coursework leading to the PhD in Clinical Research during their award period, and to complete their thesis and receive their degree in a timely manner, preferably within the award period. All necessary tuition costs at the Mount Sinai Graduate School for Biomedical Sciences are covered by the KL2 program.
This program requires a commitment from the appropriate individuals (chairs, chiefs, institute directors, or mentors) to supplement (as appropriate) the salary of the award recipients for the 75% time commitment to which the KL2 program contributes, and to fund the remaining 25% of the KL2 recipient’s salary through the duration of the KL2 award. Departments, divisions, and institutes at Mount Sinai and/or its affiliated institutions are encouraged to collaborate in ways that jointly sponsor award recipients.
For full description of the PhD Candidate Award, including eligibility, deadlines and how to apply, please see the PhD Candidate Award RFA.
For frequently asked questions regarding the KL2 program, please see KL2 FAQs.
KL2 awardees are required to cite grant # KL2TR000069 awarded to Icahn School of Medicine in the acknowledgment section of every publication that results from their KL2 support. Adherence to the NIH Public Access Policy is also required.