Training and Education Resources
Training at Sinai
Mount Sinai is committed to supporting all investigators and laboratory staff. Access tools to help you understand both the research administration processes, and the training you will need to comply with state and federal requirements. Visit Mount Sinai's Research Training Website and learn more about insitutional and extramural training sessions for you and your team.
- InfoEd (Proposal Development) Class (Classroom Based - 90-100 minutes)
- Schedule of Research Administration Classes and Events
This schedule includes GCO, IRB, Research IT (InfoEd/Ideate), and other classes and events in research administration. Sort by day, week, or month.
- GCO 101: Basics of the Sponsored Project and Research Application Process (Classroom Based - 2 hours)
- GCO 201: Sponsored Project Budgeting - Part 1 (Classroom Based - 2 hours)
- GCO 202: Sponsored Project Budgeting - Part 2 (Classroom Based - 3 hours)
- Grants and Finance Compliance (Video - approx 30 minutes)
National Institutes of Health
The NIH has available a wide array of videos, webinars, podcasts, and other instructional material for you to learn about the grant submission process and policies and how to successfully compete for funding.
- Grant Application Basics (Videos - approx. 20 minutes total viewing time) Two NIH videos about what the NIH looks for, eligibility, and the submission process.
For researchers submitting competitive multi-project applications, view the ASSIST training material.
- Biosketch (Webinar - approx 30 minutes)
Create a Biosketch with SciENcv
- Electronic Research Administration (eRA) (Videos)
This NIH site has helpful information for the PI on eRA Commons' features and functions and understanding different screen statuses as well as for NIH reviewers navigating the Internet Assisted Review (IAR) module.
- Electronic Reserach Administration (eRA) (Training Materials and Hand Outs from Workshops)
- Grants and Funding (Podcasts)
Learn about a variety of topics on the NIH and the grants submission process, preparing a successful application, advice for new and early-career scientists, and managing your award.
- Grants and Funding (Recent Webinars)
- Grants and Funding (YouTube Channel: Videos and Webinars)
See featured videos and peruse this large selection of NIH videos and webinars. Link to other NIH Channels like Genome TV and NCBI.
- Indirects Costs 101 (Videos - approx. 20 minutes)
- Peer Review Process - Overall (Videos - approx. 45 minutes total viewing time)
NIH's Center for Scientific Review (CSR) has produced a series of videos to give you an inside look at how scientists from across the country review NIH grant applications for scientific and technical merit.
- Peer Review Process - by Grant Mechanism (Webinars)
- Rigor and Transparency (Video - approx. 30 minutes total viewing time)
- xTRACT (Video # 1: 2 minutes' Video # 2: 5 minutes)
Research Administration Professional Organizations
- National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA)
- Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC)
- Society of Research Administrators International (SRA)
Research Administration Workshops and Seminars
Last Updated: April 12, 2016
Grants and Contracts Office
150 East 42nd Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10017-5629
1 Gustave L. Levy Place, Box 1075
New York, NY 10029-6574
Sponsored Project Agreements