Responsibilities of Junior Faculty Mentees
Download the Mentee Guide.
Junior faculty will be expected to:
- Assemble your own mentoring committees (with input as necessary from the Mentoring Leader and/or the Dean for Academic Development and Enrichment
- Arrange meetings with mentoring committee and/or individual members of committee
- With input from the mentoring committee, create a Personal Development Plan that includes:
- Long-range (five year) goals and short-term (one year) goals
- Specific tasks that will lead to goal achievement, particularly in the short-term
- Report to mentoring committee periodically on progress, providing evidence of the successful completion of articulated tasks and goals
Junior faculty recruited to Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai are expected to create their mentoring committee within six months of their hire date.
This guide will serve as a resource to help get you started with mentoring. It will provide important tools, tips, and contacts that will enable you to complete the steps outlined. Read More
Lakshmi A. Devi, PhD
Dean for Academic Development and Enrichment
Elizabeth Urbanski, MPA
Rod Aminian, MPH