To apply, you must be:
1. A member of a health disparity population underrepresented in the biomedical, behavioral, clinical, and social sciences, as per the NIH definition. This includes:
- African Americans; Asian Americans; Hispanics; American Indians and Alaskan Natives; Native Hawaiians; and Pacific Islanders.
- Individuals from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Individuals from rural areas.
2. A U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or permanent resident.
3. Currently enrolled in a graduate or doctoral program, or have graduated no earlier than 24 months prior to the time of application. Undergraduates with proficient research and work experience may be considered.
4. Available to commit a minimum of 12 weeks on a full-time basis. There is also a possibility of re-appointment to 24 weeks.
5. A GPA of 3.0 or above
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Application Form
2. Current resume/CV
3. Personal statement (1-page maximum, instruction can be found on the application)
4. Statment of your past research experience (1-page maximum, instruction can be found on the application)
Please include "Public Health Internship" in the email subject line.
Applications are accepted at any time and start dates are flexible.
For all inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.