To apply, you must be:
- A minority underrepresented in the sciences as per the following NIH definition:
- African American, Hispanic American, Native American, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, or rural Appalachian.
- A U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or permanent resident.
- Enrolled in or recently graduated from BA, BS, MA, MPH, or other master's level program. A recent graduate is defined as one who has obtained a degree no earlier than May of last year.
- Willing to commit a minimum of 10 weeks to the program, full time. Although most interns are selected for the summer period, positions are available for other 10 to 12 week periods during the year.
The deadline for applications is February 15 for the summer session starting in June. For sessions that take place during semesters, there is no application deadline.
View the application
Send your completed application to ITPApplications@mssm.edu. Include "Environmental Medicine Internship Program" in the e-mail subject line.
With your application, provide the contact information (email address and telephone numbers) for two recommendations or submit two letters of recommendation (signed and on institution letterhead).
If e-mailing the letters of recommendation: Please ask your writer to scan the recommendation (signed and on institution letterhead) and email it as a jpeg or pdf file to ITPApplications@mssm.edu.
You will be notified of final decisions via e-mail by May 1 (summer session).