Additional required documents not submitted through ERAS include the following items: (a) Mount Sinai House Staff Application, (b) ACGME core competencies form to be completed by your PGY1 residency program director and (c) CV Addendum. These items should be scanned with original signatures and e-mailed (email@example.com) or mailed to:
One Gustave L. Levy Place
Icahn School of Medicine
New York, NY 10029
To apply to our program, we require that you submit the following materials:
- The Mount Sinai House Staff Application Form [DOC]
- Two (2) recent letters of recommendation from people who have known you in your professional capacity. One letter must be from your PGY1 clinical year residency program director and include the exact dates of your residency training.
- ACGME Core Competencies Form [PDF] completed by your PGY1 clinical year residency program director
- A one or two page statement of your long-term career goals and your specific learning plan for the coming two years. Please be clear about what areas of preventive medicine you are most interested in concentrating on during residency.
- If you are a graduate of a foreign medical school, enclose a copy of your ECFMG certificate. Indicate how many times you took the examination before passing, as required by New York State law.
- Your final school transcript with your school seal, which includes information on required Clinical Clerkships. Must have Graduation Date.
- Original Dean’s letter with a cover letter dated within the last 6 months.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae and CV Addendum Form [DOC]
While preference is given to applicants who have completed full residency training in a clinical field, applications from people with less training are welcome and are given thorough consideration. We do not, however, offer a PGY-1 year and have no arrangements with other internships. Applications from those who have not completed one year of post-graduate medical training cannot be considered. Applicants need to have a New York State medical license or be eligible to receive one.
Completed applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Selected applicants are invited for interviews, which are scheduled at mutually convenient dates. Most interviews are conducted between January and March. The Departmental Committee meets to rank the interviewed applicants after all interviews have been completed. For information on the status of yoru application, please call the Program Coordinator at 212-824-7068. Accepted applicants are automatically enrolled in the MSSM Masters of Public Health Program.
If you are admitted into the MSSM General Preventive Medicine Program you will be require to submit the following items.
- Original Prior Employment/Training Letters: letters and certificates that verify training or employment since graduation The dates and locations must match CV Addendum.
- Letters must be originals, on company letterhead with original signatures.
- Letters and Certificates must contain or indicate dates of the program: MM/YYYY to MM/YYYY
- If a certificate is not provided from a training program the letter of verification must state that no certificates are issued for this position.
- Notarized copy of your Medical School Diploma or the original for us to view. Notary must state “true copy of the original) and English Translation (this includes Latin)
- A copy of a valid ACLS/BCLS/PALS card.
- If PGY 3 or above: NYS medical license or proof of registration application (i.e.: copy of application and proof of payment). Once all necessary material is submitted to NYS medical licensing department, it will take approximately 4-6 weeks to process your license.
For your own reference the following is a link to a sample contract from the Icahn School of Medicime GME website. The sample contracts contain references to all conditions of appointment you are required to communicate to your candidates. Additional policies may be found in the House Staff Manual [PDF].