While PhD students are not asked to fulfill a specific teaching requirement, those who seek to enhance their skills and experience beyond the program's emphasis on presentation skills will find numerous opportunities to do so:
- Many departments provide opportunities for students to be teaching assistants in medical school or graduate school courses.
- The program and the School of Medicine use students who seek teaching experience for tutorial and other assistant positions.
- Mount Sinai students have the opportunity to teach in several high school programs.
- Graduate students often act as mentors for Summer Undergraduate Research Program fellows.
- Adjunct teaching positions are available at nearby institutions; however, this is not applicable to international students.