Under the guidance of Basil Hanss, PhD, Senior Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Career Development, Student Affairs helps you achieve your maximum academic and personal potential by providing support, mentorship, and guidance on all aspects of life while at the Graduate School and also in planning next career phases. Our relationship with you begins during pre-orientation and continues throughout your tenure at the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and beyond.
Student Affairs serves as a bridge between the administration, students, and program faculty. We oversee student career and professional development and offer a robust array of advising, career, and support services:
- A comprehensive system of advising and counseling on personal and academic matters affecting academic progress, and connections to administrative and school resources
- Programming pertaining to professional development, career planning and counseling, and applying for new positions or further education
- Support of student involvement in student government as well as campus clubs and organizations
- Oversight and promotion of events, activities, materials, and facilities to guide students training and to promote students leading healthy, well-balanced lives
- Nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment