Education Research Day is an annual event held each spring to showcase outstanding medical education research and innovative education programming by our faculty, house staff, and students within the Mount Sinai Health System.
The goals of Education Research Day:
- Highlighting and disseminating the creative and exciting work in educational research and innovative curriculum development taking place at Mount Sinai and its affiliate institutions
- Providing a forum for educators to learn from and collaborate with each other
- Preparing authors for regional and national presentation and dissemination of their scholarly educational work
Abstracts are reviewed anonymously by a selection committee using nationally established criteria for education scholarship. Each year the Institute selects four Blue Ribbon Winners. Authors of the top two abstracts are then invited to present their work at Medical Education Grand Rounds. The selection committee provides all authors with individualized feedback on their submitted abstracts to help them progress toward dissemination of their work at the regional and national level.
We follow the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) Guidelines for Authorship and Contributors Refer to these guidelines as you prepare your scholarly educational work:
- Authorship credit should be based on meeting all of the following conditions:
- Substantial contributions to conception and design, acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data.
- Drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content; and
- Final approval of the version to be published. Acquisition of funding, collection of data, or general supervision of the research group alone does not constitute authorship.
- All persons designated as authors should qualify for authorship, and all those who qualify should be listed.
- Each author should have participated sufficiently in the work to take public responsibility for appropriate portions of the content.
For more information about Education Research Day and abstract submissions, contact InstituteMedEd@mssm.edu.