The Chemistry Laboratory also offers a range of specialized and group tests, including the following:
- The immunology laboratory offers a wide variety of tests to diagnose abnormalities in protein metabolism and autoimmune diseases. For a complete listing of tests, please refer to the Test Information Library.
- Infectious Disease markers are performed 7 days a week.
- Rapid HIV is offered to the Emergency Medicine department or in consultation with and Infection Control Department only
- Fetal Fibronectin is offered 24/7 for patients in pre-term labor.
- Sweat Chloride Collection and Determination is performed by our laboratory in association with Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine, which is a Cystic Fibrosis Foundation approved lab. Sweat collections are scheduled through Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine and are performed Tuesday mornings.
- A wide variety of tests for therapeutic drugs, including immunosuppressants, amino glycosides, anti-epileptics, as well as urine toxicology screenings, are offered 7 days a week.
Critical Values are called to the providers 24/7.
For tests offered, see link provided table available on Mount Sinai Intranet.