DHCP for Windows 2000
- Click Start Button, located at bottom left, go to Settings, click Control Panel. Double-click the Network and Dial-up Connections icon.
- Click once with your RIGHT mouse button on the Local Area Connection. Select properties.
- Select TCP/IP and click on the Properties button.
- Select "Obtain an IP Address Automatically" and "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically." Click OK and close the Control Panel. Reboot your computer.
DHCP for Macintosh OS X
- From the Doc or Apple Menu, select System Preferences, as shown below.
- Click the Network Icon.
- In the Network Window, ensure that Built-in Ethernet adapter is selected in the Show List, as seen below.
- In the Network Window, click on the TCP/IP tab.
- Select Using DHCP from the Configure List.
- Remove all entries in DNS and Search Domains boxes.
- Click Apply Now.
- Reboot your computer.