- Residents from across NYC participate in our yearly Sim Wars
- Our Simulation laboratory contains:
- 3 high-fidelity adult mannequins
- 1 high-fidelity child mannequin
- 1 high-fidelity baby mannequin
- 2 bronchoscopic simulators and 1 IV-insertion simulator
Mount Sinai was one of the first residency programs in New York City to incorporate simulation into its curriculum. One conference day every month is devoted to simulation to allow residents to practice their resuscitation skills, teamwork and leadership roles. This is often accomplished by recreating morbidity and mortality (M & M) cases. Once a year, at the citywide critical care conference hosted by our program, EM residents from across the city compete with each other in the suspenseful "Sim Wars".
Peter Shearer, MD
If you are interested in doing a 4th year student rotation with us, contact us here.
Find conference dates, rotation schedules, and other residency-related activities at sinaiem.org