Systems Biology Courses on Coursera
Systems Biology Center New York investigators are offering a five course Systems Biology Specialization on Coursera that will enable students to get a working knowledge of various facets including bioinformatics, dynamical modeling, genomics, network and statistical modeling, proteomics and metabolomics. The Specialization concludes with a Capstone project that allows you to apply the skills you've learned throughout the courses.
What you will learn:
- The material covered in the courses will enable students to understand how genomics can be integrated with cell biology and physiology to decipher functional molecular relationships at the whole cell, tissue/organ and organismal level.
- Knowledge obtained from this specialization could be useful for workers in the pharmaceutical industry in drug discovery and drug action.
- Technical staff in -omics type laboratories in industrial, academic and medical center settings can benefit from understanding the scientific underpinnings of their work.
- Academic researchers in biomedical sciences like molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology could use the knowledge from this series to move to systems level research in their laboratories.
- Experts in physical and computational sciences can obtain knowledge of biological and biomedical problems at the systems level that can be addressed by interdisciplinary approaches.
The development of these courses has been supported in part by a Systems Biology Center Grant from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences, part of the National Institutes of Health.