The Genomics Core Facility at the Icahn Institute and Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences is a CLIA-certified laboratory, which houses both our basic and translational genomics research. Our researchers leverage cutting-edge technologies and next-generation sequencing capabilities for research and clinical applications. We help investigators and clinicians analyze samples, identify genetic variants contributing to disease risk, and reveal complex mechanisms involved in human disease.
Our capabilities include:
- Massively parallel sequencing with the Illumina HiSeq 4000, HiSeq 2500, and MiSeq
- Single molecule sequencing with the Pacific Biosciences RS II
- Ion Proton for development of whole-exome and whole-genome sequencing using LifeTech's sequencing chemistry for rapid-turnaround NGS sequencing
- Ion PGM for targeted research and clinical assays with high throughput, intermediate length reads, and rapid turnaround time
- Next-generation sequencing library preparation from RNA and DNA
- Genotyping, gene expression profiling, and epigenetics using the high-throughput Illumina BeadArray platform
- Real-time PCR using the Roche LightCycler 480 System
To submit requests for Illumina HiSeq 2500 sequencing and sample preparation, please use our on-line Genomics Core Facility Online Request Portal (please note: this link can only be accessed using on-campus computers).
Submission Forms For Other Services
For those interested in our services, our Illumina Sequencing and Pacific Biosciences Sequencing submission forms can be accessed using the links provided. If the table sample rows are insufficient, please submit a complete sample list using an Excel-compatible file and the same column headers as shown on the original submission form. Please email your completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. Printed forms, with fund number signed by the principle investigator, must be included when submitting your sample.
Illumina BeadArray Submission
Monday – Wednesday from 3 – 5 pm
All Samples: Pooja Sandhuria
Illumina BeadArray Form
DNA/RNA QC Service
Monday – Friday from 3 – 5 pm
All Samples: Genomics Core
QC ServiceRequestFillable 2014
Attention: Dara Meyer
Genomics Core Facility
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences
Icahn Medical Institute
1425 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
Our laboratories have a number of technology platforms available for use.