ISMMS Center for Biostatistics
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) Center for Biostatistics reflects Mount Sinai's commitment to advancing interdisciplinary translational and patient-oriented research. The Center is the academic home for the Mount Sinai Health System’s biostatisticians, and provides a structure to support the professional growth of its members and to establish mutually rewarding collaborative relationships with colleagues. The Center's vision is to promote and support translational and clinical research, provide statistical support to investigators throughout the medical center and to outside biomedical researchers. Our goal is to improve the quality of research through close collaboration with investigators, as specified in our mission statement:
- To promote successful clinical and translational research at Mount Sinai by providing state-of-the-art statistical support through active collaboration with clinical colleagues
- To promote excellence in clinical trial design, conduct, and analysis; from early phase safety and exploratory therapeutic trials to confirmatory and comparative effectiveness trials
- To assist in the development of research agendas in targeted areas including cardiovascular disease, cancer, chronic kidney disease, neurology, surgical specialties, genetics and personalized medicine
- To develop innovative statistical methods
- To educate medical students, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and other research staff
The Center provides consultative and collaborative statistical support including study design, data management, and statistical analysis of clinical, epidemiologic, and laboratory research data.
Requests for consultation appointments should be made through the Conduits web portal. All other requests for information and assistance should be directed to Yvette Hutson at 212-659-9567 (89567) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Emilia Bagiella, PhD, is the Director of the ISMMS Center for Biostatistics, a Professor in the Department of Health Evidence and Policy, and Director of Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design (BERD) for Conduits – the Institutes for Translational Sciences.
The Center for Biostatistics is offering brief, walk-in statistical consultations to all ISMMS faculty, fellows, residents, and students every Monday from 2-3pm in L2-82 of the Icahn Building. Learn more
The Biostatistics Summer Program for Clinical Research
Registration is now open for the 2016 Biostatistics Summer Program for Clinical Research scheduled for July 11th – July 15th. Targeted audience for this Center for Biostatistics initiative includes: clinical investigators, fellows, residents, postdocs, and public health professionals. Learn more