Observerships are facilitated through an extremely selective process. Only physicians that are sponsored by a current faculty member are permitted to observe the respective surgeon in the operating room. Interested applicants should first contact their faculty sponsor and subsequently complete the attached application ensuring precise adherence to the instructions.
- Required to have a Mount Sinai Department of Surgery faculty sponsor.
- Limited to14 days in the Department of Surgery at The Mount Sinai Health System.
- Not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Not permitted to have any patient contact.
- Not allowed to receive any compensation while they are here.
- Required to clear HIPAA, Employee Health Service health screening and toxicology.