- INSTRUCTOR Pediatrics, Endocrinology - Adrenal Steroid Disorders
American Board of Pediatrics
MD, University of Cairo
St. Peter's Medical Center
Fellowship, Pediatric Endocrinology
Mount Sinai Hospital
- Dr. Khattab received his medical degree and his master of science from Cairo University and completed his pediatric residency and chief residency at the Children’s Hospital at Saint Peter’s University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ. He also did a fellowship in pediatric endocrinology at the Kravis Children’s Hospital at Mount Sinai and joined the faculty upon completion of his fellowship. His clinical and research interests include: Congenital adrenal hyperplasia, disorders of sexual differentiation, disorders of growth, disorders of puberty, and thyroid disorders. Dr. Khattab is an active member of the faculty. He is board certified in pediatrics.
2010 - 2011
Senior Resident Excellence in Teaching Award
The Children's Hospital at Saint Peter’s University Hospital, New Brunswick, New Jersey
Research· Non-invasive prenatal diagnosis of Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia.
· Genotype/Phenotype correlation in patients with 11 hydroxylase deficiency
New MI, Tong Y, Yuen T, Jiang P, Pina C, Chan K, Khattab A, Liao GW, Yau M, Chiu RK, Sun L, Zaidi M, Ming Y, Lo D. Noninvasive Prenatal Diagnosis of Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia by Targeted Massively Parallel Sequencing of Maternal Plasma DNA. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014 February;.
Khattab A, Shackleton CL, Hughes BA, Bodalia JB, New MI. Remission of hypertension and electrolyte abnormalities following renal transplantation in a patient with apparent mineralocorticoid excess well documented throughout childhood. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2013 August;: 1-5.
Parsa AA, Lekarev O, New MI, Yau M, Khattab A. Disorders of Sexual Differentiation. In: Clinical Genomics: practical Application in Adult Patient Care. New York, NY 2013, McGraw-Hill;.
Parsa AA, Lekarev O, New MI, Yau M, Khattab A. Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia. In: Clinical Genomics: practical Application in Adult Patient Care. New York, NY 2013, McGraw-Hill;.
Yau M, Khattab A, Pina C, Yuen T, Meyer-Bahlburg H, New MI. Defects of Adrenal Steroidigenesis. In: Endocrinology: Adult and Pediatric. Jameson and De Groot, 7th ed: Saunders- Elsevier ;.
New MI, Lekarev O, Lin-Su K, Parsa AA, Khattab A, Pina C, Yuen T, Yau M. Chapter 8: Adrenal Disorders. WWW.ENDOTEXT.ORG; Endocrinology and Endocrine Em.
Yau M, Muhuri D, Khattab A, New MI. Ambiguous Genitalia in Newborns. WWW.ENDOTEXT.ORG; Endocrinology and Endocrine Em.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Khattab did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2014 and/or 2015: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) physicians - including those employed by MSHS - do not always participate in the same health plans in which MSHS hospitals or facilities participate.
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page or obtained by contacting this provider directly.
Insurance plans that the Mount Sinai Health System hospitals or facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
5 East 98th Street, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10029
- Thursday 8:00am - 1:00pm
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS EPO
- BCBS HMO
- BCBS PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- GHI CBP PPO
- HIP Commercial
- Medicaid of New York
- New York State Catholic Health Plan, Inc.
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- United Health Care - Mount Sinai Top Tier
- United Health Care Commercial
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check
- Credit Card (Other)