The Department of Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai has long been the home of the premier Division of Cardiology. Ranked 6th nationally for heart services by U.S. News & World Report, Mount Sinai Heart is celebrated internationally as a world leader in all facets of cardiology. In fact, 2015 marked the 100th anniversary of the practice of cardiology at The Mount Sinai Hospital. Now within the Mount Sinai Health System, cardiovascular services has a staff of more than 200 cardiologists, 74 cardiology fellows in training, 107 nurse practitioners, and 1,037 nurses, caring for nearly 104,000 patients annually—doubling Mount Sinai’s patient care, research, and medical education capabilities.
Although cardiac care in the Mount Sinai Health System has expanded, the mission remains the same: to improve the heart health of patients locally and globally, with dedication to the prevention, management, and eradication of cardiovascular diseases. The Division of Cardiology continues to pursue excellence in patient care, offering innovative prevention and treatments, pioneering research and clinical trials, and training future leading cardiologists by its world-leading experts.
The ISMMS Scholars Portal
The ISMMS Scholars Portal is a research information management tool for tracking research metrics and impact. Scholars Portal helps you to find publications and other kinds of research output, people, projects and grants, research units (departments, institutions, centers), datasets, and research-related activities. Please visit our Scholars Portal website for more details. You may also use the link below to find out more about this area’s research activities available on the Scholars Portal.
Below are the Cardiology Fellowships for the Department of Medicine
- The Cardiovascular Fellowship Training Program at The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology Fellowship at The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Cardiology Fellowship at Mount Sinai Beth Israel
- Cardiology Fellowship at Mount Sinai Morningside
- Cardiology Fellowship Program at Mount Sinai Morningside-Bronxcare
- Clinical Cardiology Electrophysiology Fellowship at The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship Program At Mount Sinai Morningside
- Clinical Cardiovascular Fellowship Program at Mount Sinai Hospital and Elmhurst City Hospital
- Structural Heart Interventions Imaging Fellowship at The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Interventional Cardiology at The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Interventional Cardiology Fellowship at Mount Sinai Morningside and Mount Sinai Beth Israel
- Vascular Diagnostic and Intervention Fellowship at The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Structural Heart Disease Interventional Fellowship at The Mount Sinai Hospital
The Zena and Michael A. Wiener Cardiovascular Institute is a swift conduit for the advancement of the art and science of cardiovascular medicine and surgery, enabling those with the spirit and ideas to fulfill their professional commitments to improving cardiovascular health. An academy for learning and for teaching, a laboratory for investigation and testing, a proving ground for the development and application of new technologies, the Cardiovascular Institute’s mission is to extinguish the spread of cardiovascular disease and replace it with a focus on health for our children and grandchildren.
The research activities in the Division of Cardiology encompass a wide range of topics.