- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Pediatrics, General Pediatrics
- Acute Illness Care
- Anticipatory Guidance
- Chronic Disease Management
- Parent/Patient Education
- Well Child Care
MD, SUNY at Stony Brook School of Medicine
Mount Sinai Hospital
- Dr. Alefiyah Malbari received her undergraduate degree magna cum laude from New York University and her medical degree from Stony Brook University School of Medicine, where she was inducted into the Arnold P. Gold Humanism Honor Society upon graduation. She completed her Pediatric Residency training at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and was the recipient of the Donald and Irwin Gribetz Excellence in Primary Care Award at the end of her training. She was selected as Chief Resident of the Pediatric Residency program at Mount Sinai for which she completed a 1 year assignment. Dr. Malbari is a board certified pediatrician who is appointed as Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. In addition to patient care, Dr. Malbari focuses some of her work on medical student and pediatric resident education. In addition, she serves on the Family Advisory Council for the Kravis Children’s Hospital at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Dr. Malbari lives with her husband and son on the Upper East Side.
Please visit our practice's website at: www.mountsinai.org/genpeds
2012 - 2012
Donald and Irwin Gribetz Excellence in Primary Care Award
Department of Pediatrics, Icahn School of Medicine, Mount Sinai
Dr. Malbari’s research interests focus on pediatric medical education and curriculum design.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Malbari did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2014 and/or 2015: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) physicians - including those employed by MSHS - do not always participate in the same health plans in which MSHS hospitals or facilities participate.
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page or obtained by contacting this provider directly.
Insurance plans that the Mount Sinai Health System hospitals or facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
Kravis Children Floor 8th floor
1184 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10029
5 East 98th Street
New York, NY 10029
- Monday 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Tuesday 1:00pm - 6:00pm
- Thursday 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Friday 12:45pm - 4:30pm
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS EPO
- BCBS HMO
- BCBS PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire United Health Care / Empire Plan
- United Health Care - Mount Sinai Top Tier
- United Health Care Commercial
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check
- Credit Card (Other)