- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology
American Board of Internal Medicine
* Mount Sinai Medical Center *
Loyola University Medical Center
* Beth Israel Medical Center *
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Shapira during 2014 and/or 2015. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Scientific Advisory Board:
- ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Pfizer Inc.
Industry-Sponsored Lectures: MSSM faculty occasionally give lectures at events sponsored by industry, but only if the events are free of any marketing purpose.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Amgen Inc.; Celgene Corporation; Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited ); Novartis / Genentech Inc. Partnership; Pfizer Inc.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.