- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Pediatrics, Adolescent Medicine
American Board of Pediatrics
- Eating Disorders
- IUD And Implanon Placement
- Menstrual Disorders
- Mental Health Services
- Routine Office Gynecologic Care
- Sports Physical Examinations
- Teen Dating Violence
- Teen Parenting Program
MD, University of South Florida
Fellowship, Adolescent Medicine
Mount Sinai Hospital
- Dr. Lonna Gordon, MD, PharmD is a pediatrician who is fellowship trained in adolescent medicine. Prior to attending medical school she was a community pharmacist, an experience that formed her perspectives on minors’ confidential access to care and collaborating on a multidisciplinary team. She has clinical expertise in reproductive health, care of high-risk and underserved youth, and obesity. Dr. Gordon is able to place the full range of long-acting reversible contraceptive devices including intrauterine devices and implants. In addition to general adolescent care, Dr Gordon specifically sees obese adolescents who are interested in comprehensive medical and reproductive health care through a structured multidisciplinary approach to weight loss through healthy lifestyle approaches. Dr. Gordon has specific training and hands on experience in political, media, and educational advocacy. She is a passionate advocate for the healthcare needs of adolescents on the local, state and national level and empowers her patients to do the same.
2014 - 2014
Physicians for Reproductive Health Leadership Training Academy Fellow
2012 - 2012
Orlando Health Pediatric Department - Resident of the Year
2011 - 2012
Orlando Health Resident Community Service Award
ResearchDr. Gordon has a research interest in the association between weight status, mental health, and subsequent behaviors. She was awarded an NIH Diversity Supplement to investigate the association between BMI and risky sexual behaviors in urban youth.
Gordon L, Diaz A, Soghomoian C, Nucci-Sack A, Weiss J, Strickler H, Burk R, Schlecht N, Ochner N. Increased Body Mass Index Associated with Increased Risky Sexual Behaviors. Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology 2015 June;.
Chulani V, Gordon L. Adolescent Growth & Development. Primary Care Clinics in Office Practice: Adolescent Medicine 2014; 41: 465-487.
Steever J, Francis J, Gordon L, Lee J. Sexual Minority Youth. Primary Care Clinics in Office Practice: Adolescent Medicine 2014; 41: 651-669.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Gordon has not yet completed reporting of Industry relationships.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
312 East 94th Street
New York, NY 10128