- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR Neurology
Am Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Residency, Internal Medicine
B. J. Medical College
UMDNJ - New Jersey Med Sch
- Dr. Rajeev Motiwala completed his medical education and residency in Internal Medicine at B. J. Medical College, Pune, India. He was a resident in Neurology at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (Newark) from 1985 to 1988 and served as Chief Resident during his last year. After his residency, Dr. Motiwala worked as a general neurologist in private practice in Hackensack, NJ and was affiliated with Hackensack University Medical Center from 1989 to 2008.
Dr. Motiwala was also Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurology at NYU School of Medicine from 2004 to 2008, where he was a preceptor for medical students during their Neurology clerkships. He joined the General Neurology Division at Columbia University Medical Center in May 2008 as Assistant Clinical Professor of Neurology, and continued to focus on teaching students and residents. Dr. Motiwala’s keen interest in clinical practice and medical education earned him the prestigious Lewis P. Rowland teaching award in 2009, while at Columbia.
He is board-certified in Neurology and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (EMG).
2008 - 2009
Lewis P. Rowland Teaching Award
Residents, Dept. of Neurology, Columbia University Medical Center
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Motiwala did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2014 and/or 2015: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) physicians - including those employed by MSHS - do not always participate in the same health plans in which MSHS hospitals or facilities participate.
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page or obtained by contacting this provider directly.
Insurance plans that the Mount Sinai Health System hospitals or facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
Annenberg Building Floor 2
1468 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
5 East 98th Street, Box 1139
New York, NY 10029
- Monday 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna PPO
- Beech Street
- CIGNA - Indemnity
- Cigna - PPO
- Cigna EPO
- Cigna POS
- Empire BCBS (term date 12/4/08)
- Empire Blue Cross/ Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Plan/UHC
- Empire United Health Care / Empire Plan
- Group Health Insurance (GHI) - HMO
- Group Health Insurance (GHI) - PPO
- HIP (all products EXCEPT Medicaid)
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- United Health Care - Mount Sinai Top Tier
- United Health Care Commercial
- United Health Care Empire Plan
- United Healthcare
- Master Card
- American Express
- Personal Check
- Credit Card (Other)