- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Radiology
American Board of Radiology
- Biopsies (Including FNA Fine Needle Aspiration of thyroid modules, parotid lesions and all neck masses)
- Hemodialysis Interventions
- Women's Heath. (UFT Uterine Fibriod Emolization HSG Hystero-Salpingogram and Fallopian tube recanalization
MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Internship, General Surgery
SUNY at Stony Brook School of Medicine
Mount Sinai Hospital
New York Presbyterian - Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Dr. Ronald M. Dreifuss is a board-certified radiologist with over 20 years of practice experience, currently serving as interventional radiology director at Mount Sinai St. Luke's. Dr. Dreifuss holds a teaching appointment as an Assistant Clinical Professor of Radiology at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and is Associate Fellowship Director for the Mount Sinai/St. Luke's Roosevelt Interventional Radiology Fellowship Program. Dr. Dreifuss completed his medical degree and residency in Diagnostic Radiology at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York, where he graduated with distinction for his extensive research work. He completed a fellowship in Interventional Radiology at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Dreifuss has been recognized as a New York City Top Doctor by Castle-Connolly and has received the Patient Choice Award. Dr. Dreifuss serves as a reviewer for the Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology.
Ho JM, Kahan J, Supariwala A, Silberzweig J, Kornberg R, Swistel D, Dreifuss R. Vascular stent fracture and migration to pulmonary artery during arteriovenous shunt thrombectomy. The journal of vascular access; 14(2).
Dreifuss RM, Silberzweig JE. Inadvertent central venous catheter removal: a fatal complication. Journal of vascular and interventional radiology : JVIR 2008 Dec; 19(12).
McGinnis MY, Mirth MC, Zebrowski AF, Dreifuss RM. Critical exposure time for androgen activation of male sexual behavior in rats. Physiology & behavior 1989 Aug; 46(2).
McGinnis MY, Dreifuss RM. Evidence for a role of testosterone-androgen receptor interactions in mediating masculine sexual behavior in male rats. Endocrinology 1989 Feb; 124(2).
Tartter PI, Driefuss RM, Malon AM, Heimann TM, Aufses AH. Relationship of postoperative septic complications and blood transfusions in patients with Crohn's disease. American journal of surgery 1988 Jan; 155(1).
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr. Dreifuss did not report having any of the following types of financial relationships with industry during 2015 and/or 2016: consulting, scientific advisory board, industry-sponsored lectures, service on Board of Directors, participation on industry-sponsored committees, equity ownership valued at greater than 5% of a publicly traded company or any value in a privately held company. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.
1000 Tenth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
Mount Sinai/St. Luke's
1111 Amsterdaamn Avenue
New York, NY 10025