- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Pediatrics, Cardiology
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Radiology
American Board of Pediatrics
American Board of Internal Medicine
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Pediatric/Congenital Cardiac MRI
MBBS, Andhra Medical College
Residency, Internal Med./Peds.
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Fellowship, Pediatric Cardiology
Arkansas Childrens Hospital
- Dr. Uppu completed his residency in internal-medicine and pediatrics from Albert Einstein medical center, Philadelphia, and his cardiology fellowship from Arkansas Children’s Hospital in 2012. Dr. Uppu was recruited to our lab after excelling in his fourth year advanced fellowship in advanced multimodality imaging at the Mount Sinai Hospital (2012-2013). He is proficient in all imaging modalities including echocardiography, fetal cardiology and has a special expertise in cardiac MRI. He is actively involved in education and his research interests are in imaging outcomes and congenital cardiac MRI.
New topicCardiac MRI and echocardiographic strain imaging
Egbe A, Uppu S, Stroustrup A, Lee S, Ho D, Srivastava S. Temporal Variation of Birth Prevalence of Congenital Heart Disease in the United States.. Congenit Heart Dis 2014 February;.
Egbe A, Uppu S, Stroustrup A, Lee S, Ho D, Srivastava S. Incidences and Sociodemographics of Specific Congenital Heart Diseases in the United States of America: An Evaluation of Hospital Discharge Diagnoses.. Pediatr Cardiol 2014 February;.
Uppu S, Sachdeva R, Imamura M. Idiopathic giant right atrial aneurysm.. Ann Pediatr Cardiol 2013 January; 6(1): 68-70.
Uppu S, Goyal S, Gossett J, Yan K, Dao D, Fontenot E, Imamura M, Gupta P. Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in children with heart disease and genetic syndromes.. ASAIO J 2013 January-February; 59(1): 52-56.
Uppu S, Dyamenahalli U, Sachdeva R, Imamura M, Morrow W, Gossett J, Swearingen C, Vyas H. Conal septal morphometrics can identify higher risk neonates with tetralogy of Fallot.. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2013 February; 26(2): 200-7.
McDonald R, Dodgen A, Goyal S, Gossett J, Shinkawa T, Uppu S, Blanco C, Garcia X, Bhutta A, Imamura M, Gupta P. Impact of 22q11.2 deletion on the postoperative course of children after cardiac surgery.. Pediatr Cardiol 2013 February; 34(2): 341-347.
Uppu S, Shinkawa T, Imamura M. Single institution experience with a right-sided interrupted aortic arch.. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 2012 October; 15(4): 802-804.
Uppu S, Tuzcu V. Cryoablation of ventricular tachycardia arising from the left-coronary sinus cusp.. Pediatr Cardiol. 2013 March; 34(3): 725-728.
Uppu S, Chandrasekaran S, Mallula K. Constrictive pericarditis in a patient with sinus venosus atrial septal defect and anomalous right upper pulmonary venous return.. Ann Pediatr Cardiol 2009 January; 2(1): 87-88.
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Dr.Uppu is not currently required to report Industry relationships.
Mount Sinai's faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website at http://icahn.mssm.edu/about-us/services-and-resources/faculty-resources/handbooks-and-policies/faculty-handbook. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Annenberg Building Floor 3 Room 50
1468 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10029
1468 Madison Avenue, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10029
- Monday 8:30am - 4:00pm
- CIGNA HMO-POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care NY
- First Health
- GHI HMO
- HIP (all products EXCEPT Medicaid)
- HealthPlus, Inc.
- Horizon Healthcare
- Horizon Healthcare of New York
- Island Group
- Medicaid New Jersey
- Medicaid of New York
- MetroPlus Health Plan
- MultiPlan, Inc.
- Neighborhood Health Providers, LLC
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Health Care - Mount Sinai Top Tier
- United Health Care Commercial
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan