To apply, you must be:
1. A member of a health disparity population underrepresented in the biomedical, behavioral, clinical, and social sciences, as per the NIH definition. This includes:
- African Americans; Hispanic Americans; Native Americans; Alaskan Natives; Hawaiian Natives; and Native Pacific Islanders; or
- Persons with disabilities that substantially limit one or more major life activities; or
- Persons who or whose family receive one or more of the following: 1) federal disadvantaged assistance; 2) health Professions Students Loans (HPSL); 3) Loans for Disadvantaged Students Program; 4) Scholarships for Individuals with Exceptional Financial Need (USDHHS)
2. A U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or permanent resident.
3. Enrolled or recently completed a master's degree in public health, biostatistics, epidemiology, global health or related fields.
4. Available to commit a minimum of 12 weeks on a full-time basis. There is also a possibility of re-appointment to 24 weeks.
5. A GPA of 3.0 or above
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Application Form
2. Current resume/CV
3. Personal statement (1-page maximum, instruction can be found on the application)
4. Statment of your past research experience (1-page maximum, instruction can be found on the application)
Please include "Public Health Internship" in the email subject line.
Applications are accepted at any time and start dates are flexible.
For all inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.