The Center for Biomedical and Population Health Informatics focuses on research, education, and treating patients, with the overarching goal of improving human health. Bridging basic and clinical research and practice, the Center:
- Pursues the effective uses of biomedical data, information, and knowledge for scientific inquiry, problem solving, and decision-making.
- Develops, studies, and applies theories, methods, and processes for the generation, storage, retrieval, use, and sharing of biomedical data, information, and knowledge.
- Builds on computing, communication, and information sciences and technologies within biomedicine.
- Investigates and supports reasoning, modeling, simulation, experimentation, and translation.
- Draws upon the social and behavioral sciences to inform the design and evaluation of technical solutions. We also emphasize the evolution of complex economic, ethical, social, educational, and organizational systems.