Below are instructions for adding new faculty to FPA Financial Reporting.
- Income and overhead accounts are established in the Report Structure Roll Up (Screen VRSLS). This will enable the system to produce reports for this new participant in the division/department where he/she belongs.
- Establish income account in the Faculty Practice Maintenance Database (Screen FPAU1). All of the physician compensation such as Salary, Supplement, and Disability Insurance is indicated in this screen as well as any guarantees and the participant’s life numbers. This screen drives all Faculty Practice Accounting (FPA) Monthly Reports, Physicians biweekly payment work sheets, Payroll Interface Journal, Payroll Advises, and an FPA monthly receipts report.
- The new accounts will be included in various levels of allocations (i.e. Departmental Special Allocation, FPA assessments, billing etc.).
- At the end of each month, the system generates a Faculty Practice Associates Monthly Report of Income, Expenses, and Payments (GLM750) for each participant, a summary at the division level (if any), a summary by departments, and an FPA summary.
- Also for the Management Report, a summary at the department level with and without 0244 accounts is produced (GLM750). Every two weeks, physicians receive the FPA supplement payments included in their regular paychecks, and FPA payout worksheets (GLM751) are requested to help process them. These worksheets automatically update payment fields in the Faculty Practice maintenance screen (FPAU1). FPA Accounting will review this information, make any appropriate corrections, and, after completing the process, request that the FPA payroll file is run (GLM765). All the information is then verified, and the journal is interfaced with the regular Payroll.
- A monthly FPA Receipts report is requested from the system at the end of each closing period. This report contains all receipts for the month and year to date totals by department, division, and individuals.