We provide health coverage for house officers. If you participate in the Mount Sinai Health Plan, you are entitled to professional discounts that apply to deductibles, co-insurance, and standard private room charges with services you receive at The Mount Sinai Hospital. Routine nursery and obstetric care are provided at no cost. Cost sharing is available if you desire family coverage.
Additional benefits we offer include:
- Basic dental coverage, a prescription drug plan, and a vision plan at no cost to you Enhanced dental plans and family coverage available with a cost-sharing deductible
- Short-term and long-term disability, workers' compensation, life insurance, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Dependent care and tax sheltered annuity plans
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Four weeks of vacation each year.
We offer a competitive salary.
- PGY-1 - $63,481
- PGY-2 - $66,922
- PGY-3 - $70,518
- PGY-4 - $73,332
- PGY-5 - $76,148
Chief residents receive an additional $1,500 per annum.
Residents are provided an iPad mini to enhance the learning process. A large, comprehensive library of textbooks, journal articles, and atlases are available for downloading through the medical library, as well as through a departmental archive.
During the PGY-2 and PGY-3 years, we will reimburse travel expenses to national meetings where you present an oral or poster presentation. During the PGY-4 and PGY-5 years, we will reimburse travel expenses to national meetings where you make oral presentations. You also participate in all instructional courses hosted by the department.
We make every effort to provide adequate housing for house staff. Resident staff accommodations with subsidized rent are available in a number of apartment buildings within walking distance of the hospital. Larger apartments are available to residents with families.