The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs site posts the most recent information for US travelers abroad.
Basic Travel Information
A number of sites offer useful travel information.
- CDC Traveler's Health
- International Weather Reports
- The Currency Converter
- Time Zone Converter
- Babel Fish Translation or Google Language Tools
Geographic, Economic and Sociodemographic Information
Below are resources for a more comprehensive look into the areas we train in.
- Country Reports
- Countries of the World
- Countries in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Country Studies from the Library of Congress
- Country Information from National Geographic
- Country Information from the World Bank
General Health Information
The World Health and Pan American Health organizations offer important country- and region-specific health guidelines.
- World Health Organization
- Pan American Health Organization
- Pan American Health Organization – Brazil
The following World Health Organization resources cover specific areas of Environmental Health.