Researchers at the Charles Lazarus Children’s Abilities Research Center perform advanced research in mobility issues. We are pleased when our efforts reach media outlets. Here are some of our most recent mentions in the news media:
- Mount Sinai app helps monitor COVID-19 patients at home
Precision Recovery, our remote-monitoring platform, enables health care providers to check in with COVID-19 patients recuperating at home. The app has proven highly effective.
- Nine Things That Helped Me Get Through My Mild COVID-19 Infection
In this list of helpful items and technologies for surviving COVID-19, Mount Sinai’s remote-monitoring platform is featured as a key tool.
- How the Precision Recovery Software Works
Two of our researchers, David Putrino, PhD, and Christopher Kellner, MD, were instrumental in the development of Precision Recovery, a remote-monitoring app for patients with COVID-19. In this article, they discuss their creation.
- Long-Haulers are Redefining COVID-19
For a while, health care providers and researchers thought that COVID-19 killed a few people, was mild for the rest, then went away. Studies have suggested this is not the case; indeed, there are likely hundreds of thousands of COVID-19 patients still experiencing symptoms months after their diagnosis.
- Many COVID-19 Survivors Suffer Months of Post-Viral Symptoms: Tough New Realities—And A Personal Journey
Once ignored by the media and health care system, COVID-19 long-haulers are now making their symptoms—and their stories—known (subscription needed to read article).
- Three Months In, These Patients are Still Ravaged by COVID’s Fallout
Called long-haulers, some patients experience symptoms of COVID-19 for months after the initial diagnosis (subscription needed to read article) and doctors are starting to notice.
- Here’s What Recovery from Covid-19 Looks Like for Many Survivors
Some people get mild COVID-19, some get a severe case; a new category is “long-haulers,” who have symptoms for weeks or months after diagnosis.