The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) Fellowship in Complex Family Planning is committed to training future leaders in the field of family planning. Our accredited fellowship offers obstetrician/gynecologists training in advanced sexual and reproductive health clinical care, research, advocacy, and education. The program exposes fellows to patients from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds with a diverse and complex constellation of family planning needs, often requiring an interdisciplinary approach to management.
Unique aspects of the program include:
- Well-rounded training in both hospital and outpatient settings with high volume, low-risk services at Mount Sinai Beth Israel and high acuity care at Mount Sinai Hospital and Mount Sinai West
- Training in abortion care, including medical management and D&E at 24 to 26 weeks with maternal or fetal indications
- Training in adolescent reproductive health at the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center, the largest provider of outpatient adolescent health services in the United States
- Productive and diverse research program supported by unique opportunities for multidisciplinary collaboration and extensive institutional research resources at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Strong departmental support for complex family planning with integration of family planning services into general gynecologic care