The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) Fellowship in Family Planning is committed to training future leaders in the field of family planning. The fellowship offers obstetrician/gynecologists training in sexual and reproductive health clinical care, research, advocacy, and education.
Unique aspects of the program include:
- High clinical volume, including high volume of dilation and evacuation procedures through 24 weeks gestation
- Training in both hospital and outpatient settings, including training at Planned Parenthood of New York City (PPNYC), one of the largest and oldest Planned Parenthood affiliates in the United States
- Training in abortion care for women at 24 to 26 weeks with maternal or fetal indications
- Training in adolescent reproductive health at the Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center, the largest provider of outpatient adolescent health services in the United States
- Productive and successful research programs at ISMMS and PPNYC
- Strong departmental support for family planning with integration of family planning services into general gynecologic care