Individuals with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology who have training and experience in clinical neuropsychology and/or rehabilitation psychology are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates should have completed all requirements for the doctoral degree before beginning their postdoctoral training, must have received the doctoral degree from an APA/CPA-accredited program, and be eligible for a limited permit to practice psychology in New York State by the time training begins. Applicants must have completed all doctoral requirements from an APA/CPA-accredited program and an APA- or CPA-approved internship.
Preference will be given to individuals who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents, but others may apply if they anticipate being able to obtain the credentials needed to complete the program.
All successful applicants must provide the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs with a copy of their doctoral degree or a letter from their doctoral program’s Registrar documenting completion of all degree requirements, before training in the Postdoctoral Fellowship begins. In-person interviews are strongly preferred, but interviews via videoconferencing (such as Skype or Go-To-Meeting, for example) will be considered on a case-by-case basis for applicants with travel limitations. Interviews with faculty and current fellows will be scheduled in January and February.
Completed applications must be received via e-mail by December 17, 2018.
Applications must include the following in order to be considered:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae that includes citizenship and languages spoken fluently
- Statement of clinical psychology experience that addresses:
- Prior clinical training/experience, including patient population sserved
- Your preferred approach to neuropsychological evaluation and treatment (both cognitive remediation and psychotherapy)
- Goals for clinical training and professional development during fellowship
- Statement of research experience that addresses:
- Prior training/experience with data management, research design, and statistics
- Rehabilitation research interests
- Goals for research training and professional development during fellowship
- Two (2) to four (4) letters of recommendation
- Up to two (2) letters from clinical supervisor(s), e.g. internship training director, AND
- Up to two (2) letters from research supervisor(s), e.g. dissertation chair/mentor
- Scanned copy of your official graduate transcript; must submit final official transcripts before starting postdoc
- One (1) sample neuropsychological report and one (1) treatment case summary
- Copies of abstracts, publications, and/or research presentations
Applications should be sent via e-mail to:
Maria Kajankova, PhD, Director of Clinical Training
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine and Human Performance
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
One Gustave L. Levy Place, Box 1163, New York, New York 10029
Tel: (212) 241-3379
Fax: (212) 241-0137