At apprenticeship sites, our fellows are trained in all settings that may need a practicing geriatrician, including nursing homes, palliative care facilities, and hospitals. We encourage our fellows to develop skills in multiple areas for a well-rounded fellowship experience.
Our fellows work at apprenticeship sites in the following locations, among others:
- Geriatric Patient Aligned Care Team (GeriPACT) at Mount Sinai
- Mount Sinai at Home
- Mount Sinai Visiting Doctors
- Center to Advance Palliative Care
- The New Jewish Home Nursing Home
- American Geriatrics Society
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Age Friendly Health System
- New York Chapter of the American College of Physicians
- NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC)
- Peak Health Solutions
- Visiting Nurse Service of New York hospice program
Other apprenticeship sites include organizations that focus on population health management, rural medicine programs, payer organizations, telemedicine companies, and the U.S Department of Veterans Affairs. Our fellows will have the opportunity to work in program development at multiple Mount Sinai Health System sites.