Mount Sinai’s Division of Hospital Medicine is dedicated to providing the highest quality inpatient care; innovating in quality and patient safety; leading in education for medical students and Medicine house staff; and performing high quality research in clinical care, education, and health care delivery models. The Division of Hospital Medicine is focused on advancing the care of patients at Mount Sinai and nationally. The faculty in the Division of Hospital Medicine are experts in providing inpatient care across a wide range of disorders; communicating with patients, families; and effectively transitioning patients across the continuum of inpatient and outpatient care.
The goals of the Division are to:
- Provide outstanding care to patients throughout the medical and non-medical services in a patient-centered manner
- Develop and test innovative means of improving hospital quality and patient safety
- Implement novel health care delivery models
- Train future generations of hospitalists as academic leaders
- Perform meaningful research and scholarship on clinical and educational topics that advance the field of hospital medicine and the education of future inpatient physicians