Our one-year fellowship offers experience in all aspects of chest imaging including chest radiography, chest computerized tomography (CT), CT-guided procedures, cardiac magnetic resonance imaging, cardiac CT, and CT angiography (CTA)/magnetic resonance angiography vascular imaging. You not only develop specialized skills necessary for a successful career in academic radiology or in a large subspecialty private practice, but also teach and participate in research.
Cardiothoracic Imaging Fellowship Program at the Mount Sinai Hospital
You train on the latest imaging equipment, including a dedicated 256-slice Philips CT scanner, which we use to perform more than 100 CT/CTA exams weekly, as well as 1.5-T Siemens and 3-T GE scanners for magnetic resonance imaging.
As a fellow, you interact with the recently established Cardiovascular Institute, which integrates cardiology, cardiothoracic and vascular surgery, and the Mount Sinai-National Jewish Health Respiratory Institute, a joint undertaking with the National Jewish Health System that focuses on interstitial lung disease characterization and treatment. You will also be exposed to a large Lung Cancer Screening Program, our Translational and Molecular Imaging Institute, and one of the most advanced cardiothoracic and pulmonary surgical and oncologic centers in the New York area.
Required Documents for Fellowship Application/Consideration:
- Mount Sinai Application Form
- A current curriculum vitae, accounting for every year since graduation from undergraduate college or university. Must include CV Addendum Form
- Personal Statement
- Final transcript, which includes information on required Clinical Clerkships (must have graduation date)
- United States Medical Licensing Examination Scores Report (I, II, and III)
- Copy of Medical School Diploma (Include English translation if in another language)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates Certificate (if applicable)
- Three letters of recommendation (one of which must be from your program director)
- Single head-shot photo
Please submit your application by e-mail to Katharina.firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Cardiothoracic Fellowship Program Coordinator
1 Gustave L. Levy Place, Box 1234
New York, NY 10029.
Please address letters of recommendation to the Program Director, Adam Jacobi MD.
Our faculty members are:
Corey Eber, MD, Section Chief / Vice Chair of Operations
Benjamin Zalta, MD
Ali Haneen, MD