The Center for Digital Health’s dedicated team of clinical researchers, engineers, product designers, data scientists, and clinicians work collaboratively with academic and industry partners to create digital platforms that enable large scale and ongoing participation from patients and consumers. Through our research we aim to empower and engage individuals using digital technology to ultimately improve individual health outcomes. If you have the talent and experience we are seeking, we encourage you to browse the below opportunities and submit an application.
Digital Health Faculty
We are looking for a Digital Health (DH) Faculty member, who will assist with the design, execution and management of DH related projects according to the strategic direction set by the Director of Digital Health and Personalized Medicine. Our team’s DH portfolio contains both research initiatives and commercial products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: He/She will help 1. Lead the team in operational, program, and financial planning and management of our DH portfolio, 2. Serve as the collaborator and client liaison for the DH division’s academic, commercial, and technology partners, 3. Work closely with DH staff [project manager(s), research coordinator(s), etc.], 4. Assist in the writing and preparation of grant applications, protocols, informed consent forms and any other regulatory documents, 5. Co-author research papers in peer reviewed scientific journals and present at conferences and other venues using latest data science and statistical methods, 6. Supervise junior team members who are participating in DH projects and initiatives, 7. Attend relevant meetings/conferences.
Skills and abilities: 1. Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. 2. Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals. 3. Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. 4. Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities. 5. Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness. 6. Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the team. 7. Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities 6. Plan: Help determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MD, PhD) – ABDs will be considered
- Grant writing/management and/or clinical trial design/management experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English are essential
- Strong leadership skill and experience in working with multi-disciplinary team
- Formal training in or >5 years of work experience in: medicine, genomics, software development, IT, programming, bioinformatics or related fields
- High level of work ethic/independence/integrity and excellent judgment/ social skills
- Prior experience in writing and publishing scientific manuscripts
- 2 or more years of applicable mobile health research and/or general DH experience
For further information, please contact Rafhael Cedeno at firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Alters plans and makes recommendations for future project phases or future projects, based on lessons learned from the project.
- Monitors progress toward project milestones to ensure metrics are met in a timely fashion and within prescribed budget including consultants and outside vendors. Prepares project reports for management, client, or regulatory agencies as required.
- Manages study budget and provides oversight of site payments and participant incentivization plans. Liaise with Mount Sinai’s finance group on budget expense projections and payment reconciliation. Review and approve any clinical invoices against approved budgets.
- Works closely with the project team, sponsor, clinical research coordinators, and study staff to ensure smooth operation and documentation of research studies under Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Remains informed of changing applicable regulations that may affect project objectives, goals, progress and/or timelines. Alters project plan accordingly.
- Independently facilitates coordination of all elements that support project work (meetings, agendas, deliverables, etc.). Maintains/updated schedules and calendars. Provides logistical support as needed. Establishes work plans and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Ensures all staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project are met. May contribute to the performance evaluation of the employees associated with the project and may evaluate vendors and consultants and their effectiveness and ability to deliver as promised.
- Communicates project initiatives and tasks to team members and committee members clearly and regularly. Confers with staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to clinical research associates as necessary. Responds to feedback and status reports from the project team and applicable committees and Directors to revise the project tasks and/or timeline as necessary.
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Initiates and maintains strategic relationships with stakeholders inside and outside the health system (e.g. physicians, cross-functional partners, payers, suppliers, community representatives) to advance clinical and business goals.
- Actively maintains a broad awareness of the internal and external environment by accurately perceiving organizational, political, and social dynamics; proactively navigating the stakeholder environment to avoid unwanted or unproductive reactions and consequences.
- Performs other related duties.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in any of the following areas strongly preferred: MPA, MPH, MSCR, MBA.
- Excellent working knowledge of GCP and IRB procedures and guidelines.
- 7+ years of prior healthcare industry experience required, preferably in the areas of project management, clinical research management, clinical trial management
For further information, please contact Rafahel Cedeno at email@example.com